Saturday, June 12, 2010

Jumping back into the fray

Last Saturday I took the FSOT for the second time. I have to say, this time I went into the test much more confident and relaxed. Even though I know I need to wait another 3 weeks or so before I find out how I did, I do feel confident that I will pass again. It's weird getting back into the foreign service game. Last year I focused so much energy and worry over the process that when I failed to pass the Oral Assessment I felt very deflated. I didn't know if I would have the energy to try again. However, after going through everything last year, I find that I have a better perspective on the process and don't find myself fretting over things needlessly. I'm glad I'm trying again. When it all comes down to it, if this is truly something I want to do, and it is, I owe it to myself to keep going. So with that, the waiting game begins again.

4 comments:

  1. It’s Friday, and that means that the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up – and you’re on it!



    Here is the link:
 http://cyberbones.blogspot.com/2010/06/weekly-state-department-roundup.html



    (If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are not giving up. You test and retest til they let you in, you are going to be a good dip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon - Thanks for the encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete