Monday, December 15, 2008

Hello and Good Evening

Today is my 28th birthday and I felt it was an auspicious enough occasion to warrant the launch of this blog. Recently, a deep down wish finally bubbled to the surface and provided me with a career direction and goal. I'm an army brat, and even though entering the armed forces never had any real appeal to me, I have always desired, deep down, to be of service to my country.

This was how I came to decide to pursue a career as a Foreign Service Officer (FSO). Working in a consulate, overseas in a foreign country, and serving the diplomatic interests of my country holds a great deal of appeal for me. I feel it would be a great use of my education and experience as well as a great way to further my career.

Becoming a FSO is not easy. It's a multi-step process and highly competitive. As I reflect on my birthday it is clear that I am not ready. Not yet, at least. This blog will hopefully start out following me along my journey of preparation and eventually (hopefully), transition into a record of my service as an FSO. I promise to keep it informative, interesting, and entertaining. It's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment